Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, February 04, 2013

Sparkling Sorbet

Maybe I should have saved this manicure for summer, since it makes me feel like my nails are covered in melted ice cream and dipped in sprinkles, but I couldn't wait to use another polish from A England.

I started with a coat of Nfu Oh Aqua Base to help cover the staining from a previous mani. For a base colour I used 2 coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet and 2 coats of OPI Pink-ing of You on my ring finger. The Sally Hansen was a bit thick for my liking, which could be because I've had it a while, but it was opaque in 2 coats. The OPI could have used a 3rd coat, but with the glitter over top I didn't bother. 

I "sponged" A England She Walks in Beauty on the tips. I say "sponged" because when I'm working with glitter in a clear base, I don't actually sponge it on, but instead I just brush it on in a thin coat starting halfway down my nail. Then I do a second coat a third of the way down and then dab a little extra glitter right at the tip. 

Then I painted a stripe of She Walks in Beauty down the side of my ring finger. I topped it all off with a coat of OPI Rapid Dry and a couple pink rhinestones. 


I took a lot of pictures trying to capture the gorgeous sparkle of this mani. I still don't think any of them truly do it justice. She Walks in Beauty is a clear base packed with gold micro glitter that has flashes of green and almost a foil finish. It also contains pale pink small and medium hex glitter. It could probably be a one coater if you put on a thicker coat. 


Indoors, no flash

Sunlight

Under fluorescent lamp

I did a different accent nail on each hand. I couldn't decide which one I liked better, but I think this one without the rhinestones and with a coat of Essie's Matte About You is growing on me. Which do you prefer?


By incandescent lamp that shows off the pink glitter. 
See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment