Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Cosmic Valentine

I've been really busy with school over the past few days, so I didn't get to post this manicure on Valentine's day when I put it on.
I'm not really a candy hearts and pink flowers kinda girl, so I went with a bit of a different homage to Valentine's.
I used 3 coats of OPI's Vanilla-zuela for the base; 4 coats on the accent nails (thumb and ring). It's very sheer and the layers pull easily. It would take at least 4 coats to wear this on its own.


I stamped the accent nails with A England Bridal Veil and BM plate 221, some flowers in tribute to V-day. Maybe because of the shimmer in Bridal Veil the stamping looks almost grey in some places in real life. I topped it with a coat of Essie Matte About You. 


On the rest of my nails I water marbled with Bridal Veil, Essence Fame Fatal (my little pop of red for V-day) and a taupey-beige by NYX, slightly more brown than Vanilla-zuela. 


I had a terrible time getting my water marbling to turn out the way I wanted, particularly on my left hand, which luckily, you don't see. You do see a bit of the extra polish in the water getting stuck to the tip of my index finger below. I do love the shimmer of Bridal Veil in the water marble though.


Finished the water marbled nails with a coat of my favorite OPI rapid dry top coat. The beige didn't show up all that well in the marbling; it got kinda of overtaken by sheer black shimmer. I might leave it out next time if I didn't have a beige accent nail. 



I'm calling it My Cosmic Valentine, because when I look at my hands, it makes me think of what space would look like from Jupiter's big red spot. Anyone else or is that just the science nerd in me?

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment