Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Pink Lightning

Today's manicure is simple, but I think it turned out quite striking.

I started with 2 coats of China Glaze You Drive Me Coconuts. It's an almost neon jelly-finish pink polish from China Glaze's Sunsational summer collection. The "jelly-ness" of this polish isn't super obvious in the photos or in real life. The formula is a bit streaky and you can see a bit on my ring finger how you can get bald spots if you don't let each layer dry enough. The color is darker in real life than in the first photo; it's a deeper pink, if that makes sense.

Indoors, fluorescent light

I then added 3 diagonal stripes of Sally Hansen Chrome in white gold to each finger. I used a long striping brush which I dipped in the polish, wiped off the excess and then dragged across my nail starting at the outside edge. Because my nail beds are quite curved, I could never finish the stripes in one pass, so I would touch up the inside end of the stripes by dragging the very tip of the brush back over the stripe in the opposite direction.

Indoors, fluorescent light

In the above photo, you can see how You Drive Me Coconuts has a satin finish, probably because it is almost a neon color. If I had used a third coat to even out the bald spots this would have been a nice in between creme and matte finish to leave without top coat. 

Indoors, with flash. No top coat.
The above photo with flash is probably the most color accurate for the pink.

Indoors, fluorescent light. With top coat. 

White Gold is exactly what the name suggests, a silver chrome finish polish with hints of gold. It's a gorgeous color that I really need to try stamping with sometime. Below you can see a bit of the gold part of the finish.

Indoors, with flash. With top coat. 

I can't stop looking at my fingers with this manicure. What's your favourite simple, but stunning mani style?

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment