Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 04, 2013

Garden Party

After a week of bright colour blocks on my nails, I thought it was time for something a bit more subtle.

This week, I have 2 coats of Essence modern romance. It's a peach-leaning pastel pink with very subtle pink shimmer. You can see the shimmer in the bottle, but it most light you don't notice it on the nail. On my ring finger I did 2 coats of OPI my vampire is buff. I think MVIB might be my favourite nude, creamy, opaque, flattering ... love it!

Fluorescent light

Over modern romance I stamped with plate BM-224  in Konad special white. If you have trouble stamping, I definitely recommend starting with Konad special polishes; they are made for stamping and pick up the images much more easily on the first try.

Pre-cleanup and top coat: I wish images would stay this crisp after top coat. 

On my ring finger I did a 'dot gradient' (decreasing sized dots) in Nfu-oh 62, a gorgeous peachy-nude holographic. (To see how I make dots check out my Easter Skittles manicure.)

Indoors, fluorescent light

I covered my ring finger in OPI rapid dry. If you buy this top coat, be warned the end of the bottle gets super gloopy, hard to apply, bubbles on the nail and yellows ever so slightly. I've put about 15 drops of thinner in it so far with no improvement.

Indoors, sunlight

Since the shimmer of modern romance was basically lost anyway, I decided to use Essie Matte About You on the rest of my fingers. It gave the manicure a really subtle, sophisticated feel that reminded me of a wedding or afternoon tea/garden party. Hence the name of this manicure!

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment