Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2013

Terra Cotta Stamping

I actually had this manicure on last week, but I've been too busy with school to post it.

I started with 2 coats of Essence off to miami! It was basically impossible to capture the true color in my pictures. It's a medium orangey-coral color, not as bright neon-ish as it looks below, but darker than it looks when you see it in the bottle. I really wanted it to look on my nails how it looked in the bottle, but c'est la vie.


Then I stamped with BM plate 208 in OPI's Music Hall Curtain Call. I tried to use the 'matching' positive and negative cracked images, but the polish did not take as well in the larger stamp areas. It didn't get picked up by the stamp as well, and was a bit too thin for the larger image areas. 


I like the way Music Hall Curtain Call stamped the design with the thinner lines though. It gave the whole manicure a clay and bricks type feel; hence the name of the post. I finished with a coat of OPI rapid dry and a coat of Essie Matte About You on my thumbs and ring fingers. 


On my thumb you can see the positive image stamped and how it's not quite as crisp as the lines. Also I notice that whenever I use a matte top coat, those nails begin to chip a lot faster. 


See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment