Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, March 22, 2013

25 Again

For my 25th birthday, I threw myself a cocktail party with a pink and black theme. This mani reminds me of that party.

I started with 2 coats of NYX illusions. It was a little bit streaky and possibly could have used a third coat if I were to wear it on its own. The first picture shows the most true to life version of the base color.

Then I added pink and black rhinestones to my thumb and ring fingers. When putting rhinestones on, I always put a small dab or stripe of clear polish where I want the rhinestones; then I take a dotting tool and touch the tip to the wet clear polish and use it to pick up the rhinestones so they are already right side up and ready to just be placed on my nail.

With my tiny NYX bottle.
On my other 3 fingers, I sponged a England Bridal Veil on the tips. I just use a round flat makeup sponge for this. Especially when sponging a dark colour, start at the very tip of your nail and work down; that way you don't end up with a sharp line from the end of your sponge instead of a nice gradient. This way about 2 or 3 coats of sponging per nail.

Then a little clean up, a coat of OPI rapid dry top coat, with generous dabs over the rhinestones to prevent them from snagging on anything, and voila!


The shimmer in Bridal Veil is not quite as evident in real life as it is in the above picture. 


You may notice I'm trying out some new watermarks in these pictures. Any preferences?

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment