Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Violet Frontier

Purple is one of my favourite colors, so I thought it was about time to do a manicure with a springy mauve. 

I started with 2 coats of some no name brand light purple cream that I've had forever called mondorama. It could have been a 1 coater with thicker coats. I may have to try stamping with it sometime. Then I used a piece of striping tape on a diagonal along the tip of my nail and a piece of clear tape along the same diagonal a few millimeters below the striping tape. I painted over the tip with Essence oh my glitter and immediately removed the tape. I let it dry slightly before applying OPI rapid dry top coat so I didn't pull my stripes. 


Helpful hint for taped manicures. If like me you are too impatient to wait for your base coat to be dry all the way through before taping, take the tape and press the sticky side gently to your skin and peel it off before you stick it to your nails. The dead skin cells that stick to the tape (gross, I know) will make it less sticky and not as likely to peel off your base coat. 


See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment