Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Stamped Tips

This is not exactly the design I set out to create when I started my nails today, but it is growing on me. 

I started with 2 coats of NYX Myths. The formula was fairly nice and it was opaque in 2 medium coats. It is a gorgeous aquamarine color. My camera refused to capture it properly, but imagine it slightly more green and a bit darker in real life. 


This was the original look I was trying for. BM plate 212 stamped with China Glaze Deviantly Daring. It actually looks quite nice in this photo (other than missing a chunk and being crooked, which were to be expected for my first try at a full nail stamp). In reality though, you could barely see the stamp. Maybe I should have channeled my inner Bregje and embraced the subtle stamp, but it was just too subtle for me, especially when I was so excited to stamp with deviantly daring. Another time, I guess. 


After a couple more failed attempts, I ended up stamping BM-217 with Konad special polish in white. 


Then a layer of OPI Rapid Dry top coat, which made this particular base super shiny ... loved it. 


But something still wasn't quite right. Probably because it wasn't at all what I set out to do, I was not totally feeling this look. So I added a coat of CND Effects Sapphire Sparkle just over the tips. It added a nice subtle shine that you can barely see in the photo below (it's more evident in real life) and softened the harsh contrast of the white tips.


Unfortunately, you can also see that my top coat bubbled a bit. It's mostly on the nails I kept redoing with different stamps, so I suppose I can't complain too much. Certainly not one of my proudest mani moments, but it is growing on me.

See you again soon!

Update: This manicure lasted so well it almost made up for my previous disappointment ... after 6 days there was almost no tip wear! However, when I took it off it had stained my nails a sickly shade of green. Win some, lose some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment