Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Neon Matte Stripes

I hesitate to post this link because then you'll all know what this manicure should actually look like, but I must give credit where credit is due. So here is the bright stripes manicure from the Polished Perfectionist that I was aiming for.


I used 2 coats of China Glaze Pool Party, then I put striping tape on my ring finger followed by 2 coats of China Glaze Recycle and I finished the whole manicure with a coat of Essie Matte About You. The pink is brighter in real life, more like what you see in the bottle, and of course being neon, it dries matte even without the top coat. 


This was my first time using striping tape and you can see the lines are not as clean as they should be. So hopefully we can all learn from my mistakes and next time I won't let the polish start to dry before removing the tape which will be easier if I use a one coater for my accent color. 

Overall it was still a super bright, happy manicure. 


At the time when I wore this manicure I was planning a black light party. Turns out Pool Party (like most neon polishes) glows under black light!

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment