Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Holo Birthday to Me

What kind of nail blogger would I be if I didn't put on a fresh manicure for my birthday? I knew I wanted something dramatic and sparkly!

I started a base of Essence Date in the Moonlight. It's a gorgeous dark navy with blue shimmer and it was opaque in only 2 coats. The shimmer is quite subtle in most lights. 


Then I sponged on Nails inc Electric Lane Holographic Top Coat at the base of my nails. I used a round makeup sponged dipped in a small amount of electric lane and sponged on 2 or 3 layers and dabbed a little extra with the polish brush right at the cuticle. Below you can see how the sponging changes the texture of the polish before top coat. 

Left: With top coat Middle, Right: After sponging, before top coat

I put tape around the edges of my nails to save myself cleaning up glitter off my fingers forever. Below you can see the scattered holo of the sponging. In some lights it looks light it may even have a slight linear holo effect if you put it on thick enough. 


Of course, I finished the manicure with a coat of OPI Rapid Dry. 


Words cannot express how happy I am with this mani! I don't even think the pictures do its sparkly goodness justice. 

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment